Monday, February 06, 2006

" eat me: thoughts on yummy things of sorts "

---

i think i over-eat.

there's something about not being able to tell if you're really hungry, or you have a stomach ache. i mean, due to a recent bout of internal malaise, i am left to think that my innards will never be properly functional again.

biology aside, there is always that slight feel of guilt after finishing a meal, that just resonates long after the consumption-for-sustenance aspect of eating has passed. it meanders then into a state of willful gluttony. and this is what worries me.

have my eating habits changed that much in the past couple of years? has my portion size become drastically smaller? it seems that over the course of a few days following an incident that turned me inside out, i find that i do actually stuff myself until i am too full.

it feels like someone punched you in the belly with a sack of food. or like a ninja came along during the midway point in the meal, and snuck a thick biscuit into your meal while you weren't looking.

i think the responsible thing to do, for the safety and betterment of myself, is to just be more aware of my nutritional surroundings. to be more attune to the thing(s) that i am about to eat, and then have just enough to be satisfied.

there's no reason to over indulge, just indulge enough to have a happy relationship with food. starting tomorrow, i'm going to make a conscious attempt to be good to myself in this way.

why is taking care of yourself at times, make you feel like you're living out a self-help manual?

sigh...i think i'm hungry again.

---

No comments: