Sunday, July 09, 2006

" of gauls and romans "

---

peering just outside my apartment window, i can see that the italian contingent in this part of w'burg has just scored a goal. the resonance of audible cries and minivan horns echo throughout the neighborhood and into the bedroom. they've blocked off the intersection and taken over the street for the revelry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

the volume of a television set is blaring though a PA system and i too feel the "hoorah" in my heart for the world cup. goal number one is confirmed for the italian team.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

yet in spite of all my peripheral excitement, i instead move through this now constant soundscape, and sit down in my kitchen-space and enjoy the small pleasures of a toffuti cutie; to pass the time between now and then in sweet deliciousness.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

in the near distance, intense blissful chants and the sounds of bloodthirst inform me that goal number two has yet to be achieved. the taste of victory-at-hand for me comes through in a chocolate form, and lingers long after the crown has died down.

---

No comments: