Friday, June 12, 2009

" two letters "

---

dear (analogue) television broadcasting frequency,

i know that in the past i cursed at you for the many nights of snowy picture quality, ambient noises instead of soundtracks, and shoddy white noise salt & pepper reception, but still i must acknowledge and grieve at your eventual departure today.

you have brought so many people joy as well as made so much money for the antennae and aluminum foil industries.

i hope that in your imminent intergalactic journey off into the wide silent unknown vacuous reaches of outer space, you will look back upon us from time to time, and think fondly of our time spent together.

it wasn't always the best of times, but i am happy to note that for years now, we have shared a great many of them together.

to the grand voyage beyond understanding,

bay

---

juin 11:


---

dear delicious multiple margaritas,

thank you so much for the warmth, the all-over my-body curious dappling of red splotches that resemble unknown alien worlds with plentiful topographical qualities.

thank you for the dream about me riding a familiar dreamscape transit system to a destination unknown. i took many portraits of friendly riders, and had my bike as well, which helped immensely when i took a long detour to meander my way down to the ocean.

thank you for the dream about finding a job to come up with an idea for a commercial advertisement for $275, only to eventually find the perfect person to pitch an idea about something else to. the grand idea was an imelda marcos-themed lotion line for filipinos and a broad range of ethnic skin. i think it was inspired by my roommate, but you definitely helped.

thank you for the dream about helping a man find his wedding ring in the sand of a distant beach; he never found it, but thanked me so many times for trying to help. i found a ring in the sand for him that had a thick clear band with a jade green carved flower on it, and he said it wasn't his. i felt bad, but proud to have found a ring in the sand so quickly.

thank you for the dream about finding the love of my life in the waters of a still lake, surrounded by a thick landscape of brush and tropical trees at dusk. even though it turned out to be a spirit inhabiting a shell formed to seduce me into the lake, i never felt any harmful thought towards it. and for a short time, it was a beautiful interaction, only made melancholy and somber upon the discovery of the deceitful trait.

thank you so much for your slow poisoning ways that accented my nightly slumbers with so many magical images. i shall never forget you.

love,

bay

---

juin 12:


---

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While VT completed the switch ages ago, I find I miss analog television a great deal, for a couple of reasons. I think I prefer snow to pixels/freezing, for example. And I'm a little sad that there is no little UHF station broadcasting from the edge of town. I find it odd that I can only get public access if I subscribe to cable. And I'm irritable that it must be so expensive to run a station that there is so little room for innovative programming, and I still wonder why stations won't show black and white movies anymore. They're in the public domain, many of them! So yes... Nice to see your 'letter.' I ought, also, to try some margaritas and see if they enhance my dreams at all! --M.