Tuesday, March 08, 2005

" a hop skip and a jump away at all times "

---

come may, i'll be in the states for a blip. a happy unexpected blip. a week at most before i return to bangkok.

this shiny blip entails a small step towards some form, or version of accomplishment, i believe.

i take photos. people who know me know this. i could consider perhaps call myself a photographer, and claim it to be true. i suppose. although i never claimed that i have that elusive "it" that many photogs claim to embody, i can snap a flick with a high degree of confidence.

the extension of the mind translated by silver molecules. when exposed to light, the things of which i dream manifest. organic and alluring, i cannot doubt i have a passion.

so here's to recognition. to the passing of a period of doubt; now borne into a moment of optimistic clarity. no matter how far i've come in my many interests, this may be the closest i've come to some thing to be proud of.

clutching my past to my chest, i'm ready to face tomorrow with everything to look forward to.

http://www.thegraceheritage.org/filmfest/2005_nominees.html

scroll to the bottom, and wish me some luck.

---

No comments: