Saturday, February 28, 2009

" made up moments, but moments nonetheless "

---

tiny whispered tunes echo in my ears as you strum your mandolin. a lullaby.

standing alone in the shower thinking of you; the tiny waterdropfalls follow a southern route off of the crown of my hair and down to my feet. i can hear sneaking in. you're smiling through the curtains.

holding my arms to my face as you yell and yell, arms flailing, and everyone is watching you as you curse at me over and over again.

holding you by the waist in the kitchen. warm sunlight pours in through tall windows. the light reflecting off of the stovetop hits a glass of cranberry juice with ice cubes and your eyes sparkle. we're baking.

resting my head on your lap and feeling your hand stroke the back of my neck. it's nearly time to go, but here we are.

watching you sit at the edge of the stairs. your eyes wandering past the walls. we're silent together for a long time. there are broken dishes on the floor.

riding the bus together to undiscovered places. the outside world is moving by is a soft lush blur. i'm holding your hand in mine. you're sleeping and i'm still falling.

---


---

No comments: