Thursday, February 05, 2009

" you can never tell what day you're going to have when you filter the sunlight through a clementine "

---

i was on my way back home from braving the short trek from home to trader joe's to home in a 14 degree chill-factor, when i saw them.

the coolest little group of park slope kids ever. cool hairstyles in a natural mini-afro and taut loose voluminous ponytail, cool backpacks with autumn colors and sketches and straps, cool pants which were all tight without looking whorey, and cool sweet ole rockin' kicks. they were so cool that it made me feel like a slovenly gross pile of disorganization.

how come the youth got it all right in the winter, and i'm carrying all my groceries in my bag and tote on a train like an ole normal? when will i be extra-ordinary without any effort?

i guess, shine on little girls; you totally made my day.

---


* not one of them, but you already made a mind-image for yourself didn't you?

---

No comments: