Sunday, October 11, 2009

" ergonomics and the art of finishing homework "

---

when i moved into my current apartment, i made a decision that i would get a sweet ergonomic chair to sit in. i work from home and do a loooot of sitting at my desk.

i figured that if i were going to spend long periods of time at my desk, i should get a comfortable chair designed for sitting for long periods of time.

my mom had many issues with sitting at her job as a computer programmer in the late 70's throughout the early 90's, and she still deals with bodily pain stemming from inadequacies in her office chair. no one thinks that a crummy chair will be a factor in the sensation of long-term aches and pain.

to date, i haven't yet bought a new chair, partly because my roommate found a pretty nice cushiony office chair on the street. it has 5 caster wheels on its base, a height adjuster, and a backrest that can extend up and down.

it's fairly basic, but i'm starting to feel it's not enough. i recently attended an ergonomics in the computer workstation lecture, and since then, i have been geeting all sorts of aches and pains trying to sit better. i've pretty much adjusted all of the things on my desk and workspace area, but now it is my chair that seems to be the culprit.

"damn you street chaiiir," i scream in my head every time i feel a twinge in my upper/lower back, or my elbows start to ache after typing for a few minutes, or my wrists hurt from being at a lower angle, or my legs fall asleep.

i suppose i should hit up the chair-mart or seat store to get something more adequate, but i cannot at the moment, because my butt has fallen asleep.

sigh.

---

octobre 10:


octobre 11:















---

No comments: