Tuesday, November 10, 2009

" the cutest baby ever smiled at me "

----

i was walking around the 20's off of 6th ave today, swimming in my thoughts. my body veered and swerved through the crowded sidewalks like so much wind through the forest.

my eyes looked onward and past all of the blurred heavy-coated shapes, and only the destination was forefront.

then i turned a corner, and there was a woman, most obviously a caregiver, carting around two young children in a double stroller. these children sat side-by-side and were engaged in the sort of sharing conversation toddlers might do.

right when i reached them and our paths met, this tiny curly-haired beautiful rosy-cheeked fresh little bubbly baby girl looked up at me. she saw right through me, and smiled the sort of smile that you wish to receive in every moment, in every reaction, always.

we locked eyes and her tiny head swiveled, tilted, and panned around to meet my momentary gaze for as long as we could hold contact. and when both of us were out of range, she slowly repositioned, as if she knew that she had made my entire day.

she looked right through me, and smiled a beaming, glowing, wondrous smile which extended my elation and happiness well and beyond our brief moment.

---

novembre 06:



novembre 07:



novembre 08:



novembre 09:



novembre 10:















---

No comments: