Tuesday, November 03, 2009

" of speedos and waterslide parks "

---

had a very strange dream where i was taking a bunch of kids to a waterslide park. i was there to make sure they were safe and having fun. the rides looked great; roller coastery rides with cascading waterfalls, the boat ride thing that can fit 50 people and then it spins around and around and upside down, and an all encompassing shallow play area with fountains and inflatable flotation devices.

throughout the whole dream it was turning sunset. the sky was a deep amber and hints of pinks and purples were just visible along the edges of some clouds, just as if they were cotton candy stretched out and dipped in some sugary concoction.

old friends that recognized me came up to greet me, say hello and oh how long has it been that's great well see you later, but i didn't recognize them. a friend of mine that just got married sidled up to me on the path i was walking on, and was smiling a smile of recognition.

i had to yell to a kid not to splash water on the other kids or tease them, and i believe he understood me. my friend told me how he was really happy that i attended his wedding and that it had meant a lot to him. i told him that of course i was happy to come; that's what you do right?

the dream meandered on and through the park, and around that time that you can feel a dream beginning to wind down, i realized that i was wearing my speedos from when i was a kid. the ones that were an even but slightly faded navy blue, with the albany blue dolphins logo screen printed in white on the left hip. the crackling in the white suggesting that i had been swimming for so long.

i realized i had my mirrored goggles with me and that i had spent so much time talking to people, and looking after the safety of the kids, that i hadn't even had the chance to swim at all.

i went up to someone who was guarding the pool area, and he recognized me. i told him i didn't have a chance to swim, and he said that it was okay. i was there to do something, and i did it. there would be plenty of times to swim, but at least i did what i told everyone i would do.

still really wanting to at least get into the water, i thanked him and moved forward towards the edges of the pool. i could hear the water lapping against the shallowed gutters which ran along the circumference of the park.

and then i woke up.

and then my alarm clock went off.

and i was awake again, filled completely with the desire to swim.

---















---

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photo...amazing...
what camera are you using??
I really interested in your photos!
I should put this site in my favorite folder...kisss

baystar23 said...

---

thank you for your comment.

i use a nikon D700; this photo was waken with a 2-70mm f/2.8 lens.

by all means, favorite, follow, and return often.

---

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reply to my comment and give me detail of information...
Unfortunately I am canon user and are you interested though I am taking the sports?
yes,I added you to my favorite folder.