Monday, April 25, 2005

" blips of calm "

---

heading into my monday morning, fresh from a night at the condo, i found myself in the thick of it: mid-morning computer-induced blank-brain syndrome.

jaw agape, eyes dry and red with the sensation of scratches, and body just feeling very blah; uneasy as if lying on cold soup...which makes no sense at all.

i received a call from my mom at around 12:24pm. she was visiting the catalina islands off the west coast of san diego with me dad, and just wanted to parlay how strikingly beautiful the beaches there were at that particular moment.

for a brief and beautiful 8 minutes and 24 seconds, i had one of the best telephonically touching conversations with my mom ever;

complete in it's sense of utter normalcy, we parted ways. me in my office in bangkok, she among the languid nightly waves of the mighty north pacific.

---

No comments: