Friday, May 28, 2004

" i miss movies "

---

when you're in a foreign country, where all of the work is never ending and you have no chance to go out, and if you do have the chance to go out no one can be your friend to go out with you cause they all have their own lives to get back to after work, you start to miss the little things more and more. like movies for instance. i mean, they have them here, but they're thai and korean and chinese, and pop american ones, which aren't bad, just sort of not what i want to see right now. they're sort of the ones that you can see yourself sneering at, but only seeing if you are either very desperate or out on a date with someone that you'd do anything for, even watch crappy movies for. so i work hard, and don't watch the poo-filled movies. maybe now not by choice either, but because i can't go out.....yet.

i'm scheming a plan whereby i'll become this thai super spy ninja with a friend of a friend of mine, and together we'll take our ninja-mobile and go places far and wide. it's only in its development stages now, but i fully plan to go through with it.

so, if there are good movies being played somewhere near you; a drama, an indie, a foreign film worth your time money and support, could you go see it with a friend for me? oh yeah, then when it comes out on dvd, buy it and send it to me, and i'll promise to pay you back.

thanks.

---

1 comment:

LonaDay said...

I went to watch Malena, a foriegn film with Monica Belluci in it, but I didn't go to a cinema to watch it, we get pop American films too. A friend loaned it to me to watch it on my VCD player. It wasn't a stupid film, I think. Just a story, with no particular resolution in the end, but a good story. Uhh, I didn't watch it with a friend either, I was alone house-sitting, and bored almost to tears. So I whipped out this movie out of the bottom of my bag. It was a foreign film, though.

I like your site, you write well.