Thursday, June 10, 2004

" inside of my head..."

---

whenever someone talks to me in thai, i can actually feel my brain turning tiny little gears and setting off an electrical spark that boots up the nano-computer that is my cortal synapse.

it's exciting now, because now that i'm usin more and more thai language day in and day out, the recognition of words, ideas, and sentences are becoming more shaply tuned, thus creating a more refined fuel with which my brain can run on.

it's all very encouraging.

today while waiting for my production team, i spoke with a doorman at the Penninsula hotel in BKK, for like almost an hour in Thai. he was very expressive and inquiring, and we ran the gammet of topics: work, technique, lifestyles, language, america, how to ride a horse, it was all very interesting on a socio-cultural level. he was patient and kind and genuinely himself, and that gave him an immense sense of Self, of which i appreciated very much.

thus, the gears are spinning now, and there's no stopping them.

vrooooooom.

---

No comments: