Tuesday, June 22, 2004

" so you've now read my blog... "

---

dear brenty,

if by now you actually have read my blog, then you will be able to tell that i have been, as they say, not so good.

today i went out with apple around BKK for about 6-7 hours. it was great. i bought a really good dictionary, so that was nice. i had a fun time talkting to her and sweating in the hot thai humidity. this is what exploration of social cultures should be like; on foot and amid the masses. while eating some ice cream and reading my new dictionary, my mom called and asked where i am, and then asked to talk to apple.

and you know my mom; really wanting to support me in my life, but also having that motherly quality of not-on-purposefully guilt-tripping everyone i know that is close to me. i mean, i understand her intentions, but for some reason it feels like that is not the way to get people to enjoy my company.

so that was strange and normal all at the same time.

other than that, i am following my heart, as poets must do.

i say that if you are stuck between family and a maybe-new girlfriend, work and life, or loyalty and a sense of betrayal, then i say do them all at once. no time to make these brash unecessary choices; just read each situation and make an intuitive decision. how else will you live?

everything in moderation; that's what i have to say to that.

love,

your friend,

bee bee ba dee bay (insert dorky happy/sad music here...like in the circus)

ps-i'm going to post this email on my blog, so you can read it there too...slacker.


wherever you are, you're there.

---

No comments: