Saturday, June 19, 2004

" why is my love-life like martha stewart's stock? "

---

can somebody please just tell me what happened? it's funny. you really think that things can change, but they don't. at least not as quickly as you might think they are able to change.

so now the gigis up. everyone knows about this new girl i met. but in thailand, meeting a girl means that the pretense must be something pure and innocent, ass if everyone is born out of a lotus.

let me tell you, real life happens. i'm sorry. people get hurt, and love, and scrape their knees, and makemistakes, and everything in between. real life is not black and white. if i don't get the chance to feel that out, how will i ever become a better stronger, and more developed human being?

so me being interested in this girl is somewhat like disgracing everyone who is my family, and telling my boss that i openly disrespect her to her face.

why?

i have no clue. real life is not like this. this day must be a nightmare,because it's slowly warping into some bizarro soap opera: bay can't ever be seen or involved with any girl ever. but he is seen, and he is involved.

things got so heated today that when i talked to apple, she said okay, if your parents are going to say that, and everything is like this, then you don't have to be with me.

what the eff is that all about? we haven't even begun to do anything or go anywhere or ANYTHING AT ALL, and already the pressure is creating doubt and confusion. sound a little uneccessary? i agree.

my mom even suggested me going back to america.

if that question has to be asked, then it is apparent that no one really understands the person that i am yet. i love my parents, i do a good job at the work i do, and for this i feel like i should be getting praise or support. when i find someone that's finally interested in me, shouldn't people be happy for me first,and trust that i am trying to figure things out just like everyone else yet?

instead i am clouded by gossip, heresay, doubt, worry, and disdain.

thank you life, you're really helping me out here.

---

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my goodness!!! what happened!

assholes? reveal yourselves!!!!

xox,
daph

jeremy said...

being a farang here has an advantage, in that respect, in that i only have to worry about *her* parents and not mine.

my thai friends go nuts with all of the subtle interaction that needs to take place during courtship. easiest way to go about it seem to keep everything casual- and don't get any parents involved unless you are really really serious.

good luck!