Saturday, November 13, 2004

" the art of storytelling "

---

below click on this pic and print out, to enjoy hours upon hours of multiple fascinating storylines. look at the numbered pictograms, and try and think up of the most likely storyline that comes to mind. i'll put my interpretation below. what magic can you create today? yay!

- i know no fear -

(c) baystar_one...2347 (after homeland security website)

1. that sunday afternoon, it was the kind of hot that one couldn't just think off; one had to find the unearthly strength to walk. the sun was hot, and baby towelettes were very popular.

2. after a few hours of endlessly wandering along the streets, i began to have visions of what a prolonged exposure to this heat could mean. at around 5:12pm, i started to have visions of strange aural emanations; the untapped supernatural energies escaping my innermost core. i felt absolutely radioactive.

3. i thought about the things that i had done earlier in the day. the restlessness. the days of being mad with power at my five-and-dime store on san pablo avenue. nothing seemed to make sense in my life, so i decided to go ahead with becoming a full-fledged radioactively-charged being of light.

4. unlike most comicbook superheroes, being radioactive did not give me uncharted strength or the ability to see through things. instead, i found out my best and most prominent super-ability was that i killed everything i encountered with radioactive poisoning. that made me really depressed.

5. i decided that the only way i could stop the radioactive changes occurring within my body, was to drink some more radioactive super juices along with a couple flasks of mystery liquid concoctions; the reasoning being that if i could drink a better mixture of materials, i could in essence void out the original poisons.

6. of course only a dumbwit thinks like this, and i soon found myself writhing in a spastic episode. the only thing that consuming those vials did, was to further enhance my already near-explosive state. i grew so powerful i killed everything within a ten mile radius, with my very breath.

7. at the peak of my hallucinogenic encounter with the unnatural, i burst into a bright plume of flames. it felt surprisingly refreshing and visceral. i could feel the flames sputtering from every pore on my body, and thoughts of the human torch, johnny storm came to mind. i attempted to exert the ability of flight and exclaimed aloud for all to hear, "flame on!"

8. that's the exact moment when bud the local EMT guy hit me on the head with a frying pan. i promptly passed out and remembered nothing until a few days later. the doctors at the office explained to me that i had sustained only a minor concussion in my near-lunatic excursion from reality. i was suffering from heat exhaustion, and began raiding all of the mini-marts, drinking all of the sodas, then screaming at the women and children. in the end, and when somebody called the police and the hospitals, they explained that i was screaming at the top of my lungs for the fantasticar to come pick me up and take me back to the baxter building; my shirt half torn off, the shoes on my feet non-existent. they also told me that one of the new EMT assistants both stole my wallet and watch while i was unconscious, and he disappeared, never to be seen again.

---

No comments: